Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A "Lost" Book Review

Book Review: Mediaeval Baebes: Songs of the Flesh







The Mediaeval Baebes are a group of women with angelic voices who perform songs and mediaeval poetry set to music. They have achieved that which is hard to achieve today, namely, originality. So, after I had discovered their music through a WebCrawler search entitled mediaeval music and listen to a few of their songs, I became hooked on their music. Then, I went to Amazon.Com and done something for them that I had never done before for any other musician, I bought all of their albums. It was the Spring of this year that I finally ordered their book called, Mediaeval Baebes: Songs of the Flesh.


This book was put together by photographer and artist Vania Zouravliov. The text was provided by Marie Findley with additional material by Katharine Blake. The images depict the baebes in erotic poses and the text is a mixture of essays, poems, and thoughts concerning dreams and their interpretation of them in the mediaeval period. This book, like the baebes, is an original.


On a scale of one to ten (one being total crap and ten being perfect), this book is a ten.


In addition, I would like to say that I got the opportunity to see the Mediaeval Baebes perform in Columbus, Ohio this year and they sounded even better in person.


Note: This review was written in December 2007. It was one of those things that I “lost” on a disc, but recently rediscovered.









Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home