Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Election Thoughts

Election day was yesterday and the Republicans have taken back the House. Will this change anything? It really takes a lot of imagination to pretend that they are much different from the Democrats. Will they work together to bring solutions to the issues facing the American people? I don't see any reason that they will. If you get pissed at the Democrats, you just vote in Republicans and if you get pissed at the Democrats you just vote in Republicans. It is just a monopoly in two parts. The only way the Democrats will truly work with the Republicans is when there are two other major parties to give them some real competition. It's like the old saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend. After the election results were read, I went to bed disappointed as usual. The Democrats and Republican still have the power. It is insanity to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. It is insanity for me to keep voting when I know the winner will be a Democrat or a Republican. Maybe someday a few new parties will emerge that will break the two part monopoly. Since I'm dreaming I might as well dream big and dream of the day when the American people will see each other as Americans first and political parties second.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home