Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainy and Damp

The weather is rainy and damp. The beginnings of a cold fill my head. The new zeal for life that stirs in the Spring settle down for the autumn. That time for reflection, where you realize that your life probably sucks and you know deep down that you will never change it. On a slightly different note I linked this blog to my facebook page, it was something that I said that I won't do, but did it anyway. How do I like facebook? I like it so-so. It's probably just a fad, but who knows, I use to say that the web was just a fad. I use it damn near everyday. So autumn is a time for reflection. I look around and realize that I don't have a woman or a girlfriend. That romantic feeling that so many shit-ass poets and singers ramble on about. Every place you turn, you find that the single lifestyle is attacked and the married/relationship life style is put on a pedestal. I have two words to all those poets and singers concerning this subject: Bull Shit.
Let's debunk some of the popular myths about relationships:
1. A romantic relationship will fill the void that is in your heart and head. Really? A romantic relationship forces you to put some one else's desires above your own. How the hell can you know what's wrong with you if you spend all your time thinking about some else?
2. A romantic relationship will give your life meaning? I roll my eyes at this one. My life has meaning to me and what does it matter how anyone else feels. I don't know how anyone feels and they don't know how I feel. So how can some one else give your life meaning when they don't even know how you feel?
3. A romantic relationship will make you live longer? Well, you might catch VD. It does seem true that married people, on a whole, live longer than single people. But, there is something to be said for quality, not just quantity.
4. Your partner will be there for you whenever you need her. She'll understand you and give you support during this tough time. This is a load of crap. She'll listen to you and then try to change you. She sure the hell won't give you emotional support. She'll be there when she needs support and fly into the arms of another when you need it. Just ask your local milkman.
There's tons of other myths about happiness and marriage. Just remember that marriage is the leading cause of divorce. CaptainCraft signing off.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home