Friday, January 15, 2010

Reality of Dreams

I have added a new website in my "The Best Stuff on the Net" section. It's the pipe tobacco TV one. It has a guy on there who reviews pipe tobacco and beer on YouTube. My inbox has been crammed lately with new stories from people whose stories that I follow. So I've been slowly working my way through those and I have been scanning old family pictures, dating back from the late seventies to this time period. I can't think what you call the years 2000-2010. The zeroes I think. It's kinda like revisiting people who have died. And I was a cute baby, so I wonder what the hell happened to me now. Anyway that got me thinking about human relationships and all of that sentimental kind of thing. The thing that sums up human relationships is this: they are not permanent. Friends come and go, family members die or get really pissed off at you and stop talking to you, which is kinda like them dying to. What's sad is I looked at some old school pictures and there was half of the people that I could not name and the other half looked different from what I remember them looking. Which brings up an interesting thought. Does the camera see what we see? Is it the reality or is what we see the reality?

Pondering on this for not a great amount of time, I conclude that the camera only freezes one moment of many and locks it in a piece of paper forever or until that paper expires. And our minds see many moments, blends them with our hopes and dreams, and craps out that thing which we call memories. These memories may or may not be the reality of the situation, but they are the measuring stick in which we use to measure reality and to shape our destines.

If that made sense to you I would ask you to explain it to me. Maybe, I should ponder these thoughts longer, but you shouldn't dwell on weird stuff like that. Or people might start thinking you're weird and we all know what people think is important. In a world where normal is not clearly defined who gives anyone the right to declare someone else weird?

I'll move on and talk about politics and mention the health care bill. The only thing I can say about that is: wait until the health care bill becomes the health care law. Then we will know if it is a good thing or a bad thing for the United States of America. Since I've gotten a high speed connection, I've been following the news a little bit more. One thing I learnt is that we don't have hardly any sports figures left to worship. Scandals seem to pop up daily concerning those dudes. Perhaps, our trouble is the fact that we worshipped them in the first place. Well, I suppose should sign off now.

Wishing you good health and plenty of wealth.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home